The Freedom Group Overview
• Traditional management buy-outs.
• Generational changes of ownership.
• Growth equity financings.
• Divestiture of corporate divisions or subsidiaries.
• Restructurings and bankruptcies.
We do not invest in real estate based companies, highly-regulated industries such as utilities or medical companies, retail companies, restaurant chains, internet or other technology-driven companies.
The Freedom Group primarily seeks transactions involving
private companies or divisions of larger companies with enterprise values
(debt and equity) of up to $35 million.
While we will consider any opportunity in the United States, our
geographic focus is in the Upper Midwest.
Our acquisition candidates typically present many of the following
• A definable market niche with natural barriers to entry.
• Consistent operating results with the potential for additional organic growth in its market.
• Opportunities for post-acquisition value creation through operational improvements.
• Natural consolidation opportunities in fragmented industries.
• Direct or complimentary acquisition opportunities within a market segment.
Ultimately, the success of every investment is driven by the management team and investment firm working together as partners with a common vision. We believe that this is how sustainable long-term value is created.
The core of our investment philosophy is providing managers with the capital support, operational tools and strategic resources they need to grow a business. The Freedom Group is not focused on “financial engineering” as the core of its approach. Rather, we work with management teams to develop operational and strategic plans and to set financial goals that are focused on long-term rather than short-term results. Management teams are responsible for day-to-day operations and achieving the company’s goals and objectives while The Freedom Group is focused on ensuring that the organizational, operational and strategic infrastructure are in place to support growth.
To learn more about The Freedom Group’s day-to-day involvement, click here